Effective Date: August 9, 2009
Last Updated: September 14, 2012
1. Who We Are
Core Agenda Inc., who owns and operates this Core Compass Website, has its principal place of business at 1000 N. West Street, Suite 1200, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, United States. More information about Core Agenda can be found at www.coreagenda.com.
3. Information We Collect
When you use, register or subscribe to Core Compass, we may collect and store any personal information you enter on our Website or provide to us in some other manner. Personal information is data that identifies you, or that can be combined with other information to identify or contact you, and includes (but is not limited to) your name, email address, job title, organization, telephone number, and biographical details. You need to provide some information to register as a member, submit a question, or to engage in other transactions on our Website. We strive to limit the type of personal information that we collect to information that helps us accomplish our goal of providing first-class services for the benefit of our existing and prospective members.
Our Core Compass Website and those related Core Agenda Services websites contain business-related content and is specifically aimed at and designed for use by adults. Core Agenda does not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about individuals under the age of 18 years.
Access to most areas of the Core Compass Site is restricted to Registered Members. We require that members provide us with their real first and last name, contact information and relevant biographical details for Core Agenda’s private internal administrative use when you register. Whenever we ask you to identity yourself, or ask for other personal information, we expect you to provide truthful, accurate, current and complete information to Core Agenda, and to keep this information current and accurate throughout the time you remain a Member. We also may obtain information about your access and use of the Core Compass Website.
Information from other sources
We may also periodically obtain personal and non-personal information about you from other sources. For example, we may use additional resources to confirm or extend the information and credentials that you provide us when we make membership decisions.
Information collected automatically
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect and analyze certain information about your computer. This information includes but may not be limited to the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, information about your browser type and language, the date and time you are accessing our site, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
We use various technologies to collect information about your activities on our Website.
- Cookies. When you visit our Website, we may assign your computer one or more “cookies.” A cookie is a small text file that our Website places on the hard drive of your computer. This cookie text file contains information that can later be read by us to facilitate our login processes to our Website and personalize your online experience.
For example, whenever you sign into our Website, we will record your user ID in a cookie file on your computer. If applicable, we may also record your password in this cookie file, if you checked the box entitled “Remember me.” Also, through the use of a cookie, we may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. You can also can set your browser to warn you each time a cookie is being sent. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our Website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as Web beacons (also called clear GIFs or pixel tags) and other similar technologies, to recognize users and assess traffic patterns on our Website. We also may include web beacons in email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content and the products and services we offer through the Website.
Information Collected by Third Parties
4. How We Use the Information We Collect
Core Agenda uses the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided it;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To make membership eligibility decisions when you apply to establish or renew membership;
- To respond to inquiries that you submit to us via the “Contact Us” or “Recommend A Member” options on the Site;
- To administer your membership and facilitate your access to and provide you with Core Compass resources, tools, and other materials available to your through your membership subscriptions;
- To notify you about our products, services and special offers;
- To notify you directly about products, services and special offers from third parties, without revealing your contact information to those third parties;
- To make sure, at our discretion, that members do not use their anonymity to act in ways which would be in violation of Core Agenda’s Terms and Conditions of Service (however we only monitor a limited sampling of user submissions, and we do not have a policy of reviewing and monitoring all user submissions);
- To enhance or develop features, product and services;
- To generate anonymous and/or aggregated information about our subscribers, site user base and usage patterns for advertisers and other third parties;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern the use of the Website; and
- To ensure the technical functioning of the Website.
No Disclosure To or Use of Member Contact Information By Third Parties
Core Agenda as a matter of standing policy never provides personally identifiable member contact information to third parties to enable them to use that information for marketing or promotional purposes.
It is a violation of the Core Compass Terms and Conditions of Service for any member to use contact information for any other user obtained through Core Compass or the Core Agenda Services to send, cause to be sent, or assist in the transmission of, unsolicited commercial messages (known as “spam”) to any other users through any medium. Members also may not provide contact information for other users obtained through the Core Agenda Services to any third party.
If you think your contact information has improperly been released from Core Compass, please contact us with the details by using the Website Contact Us Form, using the subject line “Content and Site Feedback".
Various functions in Core Compass enable Members to tap into a membership directory and locate other Members who may be able to help them deal with specific questions and challenges.
We recognize that some Members may prefer to use a pseudonym as their user name as well as limit details on themselves in publicly available directories. However, other Members may find it advantageous to share selected details about themselves in a public profile, which includes information about their job, title, expertise and professional interests. This profile enables other Members to determine whether the Member’s background and expertise might make him or her a useful contact on a particular issue. When you participate in Core Compass by creating a public online profile, you are making the information that you choose to share about you available to other Members. Based on this determination, one Member might use another Member’s information to contact that Member to obtain the benefit of their expertise. By providing personal information to your public profile, you acknowledge and agree that Members can see and use that information, and that their use (and any use by third parties to whom they disclose the information) is not subject to the terms of this Policy.
Articles and Discussion Forums
In the event that you post personal information in articles, comments, discussion forums, web seminars or other areas of Core Agenda allowing users to upload or post content, that information can be viewed by any user with access to those areas. We discourage users from posting personal information in this fashion, and any personal information you post to these public or Member areas is not covered by this Policy.
When a user chooses to post information that will be publicly disclosed, he or she is responsible for ensuring that such information conforms to all local data protection laws. We are not responsible for any data protection laws for user posted personal information in articles, discussion forums, web seminars or other areas of Core Agenda allowing users to upload or post content.
5. Choices About The Use Of Your Information
Core Agenda believes that it is important that individuals are given the opportunity to exercise choice with respect to how their personal information is collected and used. If we propose to use your personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy or any Core Agenda Service-specific privacy notices, we will allow you a convenient way to opt-out of such further uses.
In addition, there is no requirement for users who are Members to complete any information on the portions of their profile that are viewable by other members (“Public Profile”). Users who are Members may choose to not provide any information in their Public Profile at their sole discretion.
On occasion, Core Compass may inform you about additional products and services that we provide, or that are offered by third-party providers.You have the option during your registration, as well as anytime after as a member, to opt to not subscribe to those marketing communications.
- During your registration, select 'No' to 'Special Offers' to not receive any third-party special offer communications.
- After you become a member, you will always have the option to activate or deactivate individual email subscriptions, including third-party special offer communications.
Core Agenda does not share your information and personal details with third parties for their own promotional and marketing purposes - if you receive marketing materials from us related to the offerings of a third party, it will be done without directly sharing your identity and contact information with that third party.
6. Disclosures of Personal Information
Core Agenda may share your personal information with other companies or individuals in the following instances:
- When we engage service providers and third-party agents to process personal information on our behalf, or to help us confirm or extend the information and credentials that you provide us when we make membership decisions. When we do, Core Agenda requires that these service providers implement adequate and organizational security measures before they can receive any personal information from us.
- In response to a specific request by you to us requesting that we help you establish a networking connection with another member; in these cases, we will first confirm that both parties agree to sharing their contact details with each other.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as other required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Core Agenda, our customers or others; and in connection with our Terms and Conditions of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy.
We may also share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers, investors, and partners. Aggregate or anonymous information does not contain any personal information, and its use and disclosure is not subject to the terms of this Policy.
7. Access and Correction of Personal Information
You can request access to any personal information that we hold and ask us to correct any personal information which may be inaccurate, except where the law requires otherwise. To access, correct or raise inquiries concerning your personal information in our possession, please contact us by selecting the "Contact Us" option on this Website, using the subject line “Membership Subscriptions” in the Website Email Form that is presented.
In some cases, Core Compass Members can directly access their public Core Compass online profiles, enabling them to amend, update or add information by themselves at any time by logging into Core Compass and selecting the “My Member Center” option.
8. Information Security
Core Agenda has implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure, and Core Agenda assumes no liability for any damage suffered by you caused by the interception, alteration, or misuse of information during transmission or storage.
Within Core Agenda, we make reasonable efforts to restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information to operate, develop, or improve our services. We subject our third-party agents to contractual controls to ensure that they apply suitable protections to any personal information they access or receive from us.
Please note that the effective security with respect to our Site depends, in part, on our Members ensuring that any IDs and passwords that they have been issued by us are kept confidential and secure and that Members adhere to the restrictions on password and ID-sharing set forth in our Terms and Conditions of Service. Also please note that the effective security is also dependent on Members complying with the general requirements of our Terms and Conditions of Service including but not limited to the requirement that Members do not provide the contact information of other users obtained through the Core Agenda Services to any third party.
9. International Transfers of Personal Information
Core Agenda operates the Website in the United States and, depending on your country of residence, the submission of personal information to our Website may involve some transfer of personal information to the United States. You should be aware that privacy laws in the United States may not provide protections equivalent to those of your country of residence. Core Agenda has taken steps to ensure that appropriate levels of protection necessary to maintain the security and quality of your personal information are in place and that data is processed only in accordance with this policy.
10. Other Websites
To provide increased value to users of our Website, we may provide links to other websites or resources that are not part of Core Agenda’s offerings. Core Agenda does not exercise control over these website or their privacy practices, and any information you provide to those sites is subject to the Privacy Policies of those sites, and not this Policy.
11. How to Contact Us about Privacy Concerns